Wednesday, April 23, 2008

TUES ECHO AWESOME

So I went to The Echo last night, against my better judgement since I know I am old and have to work early. Good ol' Charlie Rose got me in Po Phree and we pounded Cherry Cokes.

I was really anticipating Indian Jewelry (the band not native american crafts) but my friends have been practically blowing The Muslims for a couple weeks now, so I decided to get there early and see what all the nerd masturbation was about.




















First onstage was Imaad, who was featured in LA Record's April issue, check him out at http://www.myspace.com/imaadw
He was a lot of 70's creep out fun. It reminded me of some eerie 70's songs, creepy, scary but good. Let's not forget he slithered like a snake onstage. Check him out here he is.













Then The Muslims came on, and may I say... I get why my friends were geeking out. They are a rad band, great music and it's got this subtle summer vibe that can only come from San Diego boys. As Charlie Rose would say, "The Muslims are the anti-christ answer to The Cold War Kids."













Then was the third band, Geneva or whatever. They were so boring we actually thought a juke box was on low, except when rave hippies clapped we realized we were wrong and they were indeed actually live.














Indian Jewelry is full of badassness! They came on close to midnight and I felt my wrinkles creeping in as I anticipated their awesome sound explosion of feedback and awesomeness. The strobe lights were a little bit much but everything looks so much better with a strobe light. Towards the end as they kicked into high gear, the strobe lights going, the chick willin' out on keyboards, shit I felt like we were going to sacrifice virgins at the echo. It was really good to see shows that you can actually look forward to, and you don't feel like an asshole for paying once you leave.

No comments: